Combines adhesion prevention and haemostasis
Effective adhesion reduction
Improved patient outcome
✔︎ 2 in 1 function
✔︎ CE certified
✔︎ >90% Adhesion Reduction1
✔︎ Instant haemostasis2-5
✔︎ Easy application6
✔︎ High safety profile7
Request to trial 4Dryfield® PH
What is 4DryField® PH?
- 4DryField® PH is the first CE certified device which innovatively combines haemostasis with adhesion prevention. It can be used in a wide range of surgeries, but has been well studied in gynaecology, minimising adhesions following abdomino-pelvic surgery – see clinical findings here.
- 4DryField® PH is made up of sterile hydrophilic microparticles, manufactured from highly purified starch of plant-based origin. 4DryField® PH contains no components whatsoever of animal or human origin, it is biocompatible, absorbable, pyrogen-free, and hypoallergenic.
- Therefore, 4DryField® PH meets the stringent requirements for a Class III medical device. There are no known side effects.
Mode of Action
As a powder haemostat: 4DryField® PH is applied directly to area of bleeding and absorbs water from the blood. This increases the relative concentration of coagulation factors, resulting in safe and immediate haemostasis. Even with a 50% dilution of the blood, the coagulum induced by 4DryField® PH shows excellent stability2.
As a gel adhesion barrier: When saline solution is applied, 4DryField® PH transforms into a viscous gel due to its molecular properties. This acts as a mechanical barrier, separating adjacent tissues, minimising the formation of fibrinous connections and creating optimal conditions for healing without adhesion formation. The gel barrier is absorbed by the body over 7 days, prolonging time for healing.
Clinical benefits of using 4DryField® PH
Proven adhesion reduction
- Multiple second-look laparoscopy studies have demonstrated that 4DryField® PH is highly effective at preventing adhesion formation in a range of cases4-6,17,18.
- Both as a premixed gel and as in-situ made gel, 4DryField® PH achieved the highest adhesion prevention effectiveness (93%) compared to Seprafilm® (53.5%), Interceed® (3.7%), Adept® (16.1%) and controls. 4DryField® PH also had no limitations concerning mode of application or compatibility1.
- Application of 4DryField® PH significantly increases the speed of coagulation and clot firmness, even in diluted blood2.
- 4DryField® PH achieves immediate haemostasis in diffuse bleeding3-5
- Achieving fast haemostasis of diffuse bleeding after endometrioma stripping, the use of 4DryField® PH avoided coagulation which could reduce tissue destruction and preserve postoperative ovarian function4
4DryField® PH clotting speed vs controls2
Does not enhance viability of tumour cells7
- Available in different sizes: 3g and 5g
- Also available, 4DFLapTM is a single use applicator for manual administration of 4DryField® PH in endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery.
- Storage: Room temperature, not exposed to extreme temperatures. Use promptly after opening the application. Used non-sterile product must be disposed of. 4DryField® PH has a shelf life of 5 years.